Wednesday 9 March 2011

Subject Matter...

Based on Peter Callesen's work, I was thinking maybe a staged photograph with type and image? Although that's not really what GF Smith's products are about... So I decided, using the same shape that I repeated in my previous outcome, if I formed it properly, I could make the "100" from it. Maybe the photos could have some depth...

I tried to photograph the piece I made afterward, to get it so that it had depth.. However I don't really think this worked very well.




Type Posters - Layout.

Looking at existing posters on design websites, and advertising sites such as Ads of the World, I looked at some different layouts for type that I could develop on. 



I also focused my search on exhibition posters, as that's what the design is going to be for.


Although this poster is in the theme of Gilbert and George, I think the type gets hidden by the backgrounds bold colours. 


This poster doesnt really have much to it, but in my case as the subject matter is paper and GFSmith is has a bold, clean theme, I think I'd also like to keep my design clean and effective without too much clutter.


I think this design is still a bit too busy, but something along the lines of.


No comments:

Post a Comment