Tuesday 8 February 2011

Last Richard Sweeney Workshop...

I found this workshop more useful as I finally got into it. Shapes, and repeating, which was the brief all along. But the other experiment we did I found more different to be creative as my 'blitzing' it idea didn't go well. But I did find experimenting with different shapes and how they stick together interesting and creative. Here are a few rough ideas:










I really got into when I found a pattern I liked and Richard helped me see different ways in which I could manipulate it to create an interesting style. He said duplicates of three are usually the most interesting, so I stuck with that idea, then he showed me different places on the shape to join them, and how folding could also create a different affect.








I'm now going to expand on this idea by creating larger and smaller versions of the same shape and see how it looks at a different scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment